- 15-20 littleneck or other small clams in the shell, scrubbed
- 1/2 pound linguini
- 3 tbsp. pure olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, diced small
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 c. white wine
- 1/2 bunch italian parsley, chopped
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Meanwhile, soak clams in cold water.
- Add linguini to boiling water, and cook until slightly underdone, pasta will finish cooking in sauce. Meanwhile, place a large saucepan over medium heat, and add olive oil, garlic and chili pepper. Saute gently, reducing heat if necessary so garlic doesn’t brown.
- Add white wine, clams, and cover. Clams should open in about 2 minutes. Add hot drained pasta, cover, and shake the pot gently. Allow to simmer for another 2 minutes until it’s done to taste.
- Discard any clams that haven’t opened. Add the parsley and shake pan to distribute evenly. Transfer to a plate or bowl. Garnish with more parsley.